Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Negative Energy

Great points for those times when you get down.
 
7 Things to Keep in Mind When Negative Energy Surrounds You:
 
Find the Source of the Negative Energy
Question your thoughts and the thoughts influencing you. Before you can take action to decrease the negativity that surrounds you, you must question the negative energy to find the source of it. Once you do that, you can begin to remove yourself from the emotion surrounding you.
 
Simply trying to eliminate negative energy doesn’t do much for the reason it’s present in the first place. If you don’t get to the heart of the matter it is likely to keep recurring, so keep questioning until you do.
 
Focus on Solutions
The next logical step in questioning and understanding the negative energy around you is to focus on how to eradicate it, and prevent it in the future.
 
Why focus on the solution?
The answer is simple: you end up receiving more of what you focus on. With that basic principle in mind, it makes sense to focus on the solution rather than the negative energy and problems associated with it.
 
Surround Yourself with Positive People
Every day we come in contact with a variety of different people. Some of these people make us happier, and others may have the opposite effect. Who we allow to influence us is up to us and choosing to spend more time with positive people will help prevent a buildup of negative energy around us.
 
Accept Possibility and Release Expectation
Happy people aren’t happy because bad things don’t happen to them, they are happy because they know how to handle the bad things better. Someone who is happy has similar challenges to those that are not happy. The difference is that they release expectation of what might happen, and focus to create their best possible situation – no matter whether it ends up good or bad.
 
Knowing that life could deal you some good cards and some bad ones, and releasing expectation makes it easier to work through situations because you are ready to accept whatever happens. The key is not dwell in situations where negative energy surrounds you and take action right away to move back into a positive space.
 
Show Yourself Compassion
No matter how bad things get, remember that the negative energy around you isn’t always about you. While you are responsible for the energy you create, the burden of negative energy of others shouldn’t be carried on your shoulders.
See the importance of this distinction, because if you can separate yourself from the negative energy of others, you can focus on getting to the heart of the matter logically, without allowing the emotion to latch onto you.
 
Focus
Sometimes when negative energy is coming at us from all directions, we have a hard time knowing what to do. It is so intense that it can paralyze us into inaction. Instead of tackling the big ball of negativity all at once, try doing one small thing. Just one.
Doing one thing will crack open a space in the negative energy for the positive to begin to shine. That little bit of positive will begin to build and your motivation to do more “things” will propel you to eliminating the harmful energy.
 
Accept It or Let It Go
With everything in our lives, whether positive or negative, we have two choices: to accept it or let it go. Accepting it means accepting the negative source to the point where you can begin to move through it. It doesn’t mean you are committed to allowing the negative energy to remain in and influence your life. Accepting it means handling the challenge and creating change.
 
When negative energy surrounds you, it’s obvious that change is needed. That doesn’t mean change will immediately occur or solve the problem. If the negativity persists you may see that it has become a toxic cycle that no longer serves you, and have to come to terms with letting it go.
 
In the end, you have to do what is right for you and your mental well-being and overall happiness. It isn’t easy to let go of things that used to matter. When they aren’t serving your highest good anymore and possibly even harming you, what choice do you have?
Become aware of the messages you are receiving throughout the day. Find the sources of negative messages and begin to eliminate them from your daily routine.  Learn to recognize the type of unhealthy thinking you are most likely to encounter. Start having an inner dialogue about how to handle these situations now, before you are in the moment. Knowing how you will handle the situation before it occurs, will help you when the time comes.
 
How do you keep your head clear when negative energy surrounds you?

Courtesy of Power of Positivity

10 comments:

  1. Ever so often a group of people climb on a mountain, gather around, bevause they are convinced the time has come for the world as we know it to end. It may be a Maya calender, or another sign in old writings, but it is clear to them, they do what they have to do to be saved.

    I have often heard, "if I loose my job, it will be the end of the world to me", or " if he goes away and my marriage is over, my life will be over". And just like the people leaving the mountain after sometime, they find out that the world doesn't end if you loose your job or your spouse has left you.

    It hurts. Ohhhh God, does it hurt. It hurts as you didn't know that level of pain existed. And you have to feel the hurt. And nothing else for a few hours, days, weeks. And then wake up and look around you like those people on the mountain: life goes on. It does. With monotonous regularity. Be gentle for yourself and stay a few hours, days, weeks on the mountain. And than it is time to come down. It requires courage to come down. But you owe it to yourself.

    That is what I say to people who have lost hope or love or ... And I don't know if it helps. It helps me to look at nature. How everything that was so bare and naked in winter has come to bloom again. It is my inspiration for life. The circle of nature repeating itself, adjusting, and come to bloom again.

    I love life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful explanation Han! I have know loss of jobs and people and incredible hurt but have managed to come through it all because I as do you...absolutely love life.

      I heard a song years ago and only remember the refrain...have never been able to find the song...sure wish I could. Anyway, the refrain went:
      What's the use of livin' if you can't have any fun,
      What's the use of lovin' if you can't love everyone.
      Life's all for livin'
      And I'm all for givin' it a try.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful Cat, and great advice. Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Roz...it is great advice isn't it.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  3. Hi Cat, this is such an awesome list with wonderful advice. I absolutely love this, thank you for sharing.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Nina...so happy you find the advice helpful.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  4. If the problem does not directly affect me, I repeat my favorite quote.

    Not my monkeys, not my circus.

    Those words have lifted the weight of extended family drama from my shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that quote Rose...lovely way to keep your sanity!

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  5. I've said it a million times--I'm always the glass half empty person :( But I've been working really hard at changing that and trying to make myself look at each situation from all angles. Little by little it gets easier to stop in the moment and think. Doing that has helped me let go of so much negativity. I have an opportunity to decide how I'm going to react to what's happening. It's just to easy to say I don't care what other's say or do. Because the truth is it does matter to me. And how I choose to react to the situation affects me and how I feel. So, taking time to evaluate before reacting makes a huge impact on how I feel about myself.

    Also, finding people we trust enough to be our mirrors. I tend to pull into myself when I hurt. It's been a challenge to reach out when I find myself sinking into negativity. I know that's when I need people the most but it's also when I want to stay in my pity party. Inevitably when you invite those trusted people in they hold up that blasted mirror and let you see where the ugliness has led you. But after the hurt they stick around to help you find the beauty again.

    Thanks for this post, Cat!

    Love and hugs,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Clara...stick around my friend and we will help you work on filling that glass! ;)

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.