Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Something to Think About


Thought I'd start the week off with sharing a few of my favorite quotes...
 
 

“Walk a mile in that man’s shoes before you even think about judging his actions!” ~My Dad!!!!!  And then he would say something similar to the following without the ‘F’ word.

dont judge dont judge me2

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I believe with all my heart that civilization has produced nothing finer than a man or woman who thinks and practices true tolerance.” ~Frank Knox
 

“You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims.”  ~ Harriet Woods 
 

when-you-point-your-finger-at-someone
"Don't focus on the speck in your brother's eye while ignoring the log in your own eye."   ~paraphrased from the bible
always the victim

sanctified hypocrite

 

 

 

 

 

"Look in the mirror, sister.  You might just be talking about yourself." ~Anonymous 

hands are clean
believe in your friends

 

 

 

 

"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it." ~ Swedish proverb

judging
words have wings

 

 

 

 

 

 

forgiveness-music




14 comments:

  1. Very wise group of quotes Cat. I am bookmarking this post so I can come back to it whenever I start feeling judgmental. Thank you very much, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed them Lisa...feel free to copy any of them you want also.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  2. Each one better than the last. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Sunny...happy you enjoyed them.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  3. I've been reading around your blog land the last week or so trying to learn more about domestic discipline. I enjoy your blog and several of the others are very informative but I have run across a few that contain mean-spirited comments (to me, supporting one while being hateful regarding another is mean-spirited). Is the forgiveness espoused by domestic discipline only between a husband and wife? I suggest those mean-spirited women come and read your blog here. Maybe they will learn something. Thank you for sharing your good heart. Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Jean...DD/TTWD is a tool for a couple and really has nothing to do with how others are treated...unless that is one of your rules. However, I believe that learning how to forgive yourself and your partner can make you more forgiving and tolerant of others. Thank you for the compliment. If you have questions regarding DD/TTWD, please feel free to ask.

      Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  4. All such wonderful quotes. Love the Harriet Woods one. Thank you for sharing Cat.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed them Roz...I collect quotes from all over the place and have several documents I store them in. It would take people a year to read through every quote I have collected! ;)

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  5. Super quotes Cat. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ronnie...so very happy you enjoyed them.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  6. Yes, I'm thinking about those quotes you presented today. If these are really your favourite quotes, and I believe you, there is still serious hurting in there somewhere. Speak good words. You always do.

    Thank you for making me think about it, Cat,

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Han...I should have said these are some of my favorite quotes regarding judgement, tolerance and forgiveness.

      As I told Roz above...I collect quotes and I have so many, I could post quite a few every day and it would still take me well over a year...if I didn't collect any others. ;) I'm really not hurting, I just thought it was a good time to share some of favorites.

      Happy I was able to give you something to think about...turnabout's fair play since you always do it to me! :D

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete
  7. Wise words, Cat.
    I like the swedish one best.. Lol.. No, I like many.
    One qiestion came to My mind:
    What is judgement?
    I am sure it is colored by our culture.
    It can be good and wrong thing.

    Hugs,
    ML

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy the Swedish one also ML. You are correct, judgment can be good and bad depending on the definition. In this instance I was referring to how people pass judgment on others lives.

      Hugs and Blessings...
      Cat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.